Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Friday, November 27, 2009

Tanti Aguri Halloween! [Letter written 10-21-09]

So this week i believe Halloween is coming up! How exciting... too bad they don't celebrate it here. I'll have to just scare anziano Bosco to get my fun out of the holiday haha. So this week was a great week. Thanks so much for all the letters. Wednesdays are always frun days because i get to hear from my wonderful family! It sounds like you are all doing great. I just wanted to give a shout out to Jake WOOP WOOP HOORAY. That is so cool you got the first business sale. Way to go bro. Were proud of you here in Switzlerand! I loved the logo's too. I kinda agree with mom a bit, but at the same time i really liked the hipness of them. And dad it isn't blood haha. So... lemme update ya'll on the week and then ill answer some questions etc. etc. So we were on the train and this priest walked by and i smiled and waved, and to my surprise he stopped and sat down with us. My first thought was oh no i dont want this to be contentious. Boy was I surprised when he was totally a cool guy and just wanted to talk. He is from brazil and has seen our temples down there, so he just asked us a bunch of questions. So before we know it were exchanging numbers and he invites us down to his sanctuary or whatever it is called sorry haha. So we went down this last week and he fed us a great dinner of rice and beans and meat... shout out to BUCK! Bring back any memories buddy!? It was delicious and then the coolest part... he took us on a tour of the facilities there. We saw things that not even the members see. He took on this tour of an old baptistry which was quite awesome. Then there was this section kind of like a museum, or a collection of old stuff and he showed us the oldest bible i have ever seen! So all in all it was a very intersting fun experience. In fact it was so fun that for pday today were going down to play some basketball, billiards, and fooseball with him and other priests haha. So were really excited. I'll have to get a picture. Oh i'm so sorry about not being able to send pictures. The computers here are really lame and the problem is to send one pic takes like 10 minutes, but i'll see if i can get one sent off today. Sorry! My card is almost full so i'll just have to burn a cd and send it home! Mom you are too sweet haha, your already wondering about my christmas package, wow your on the ball haha. I was trying to think the other day and i have a couple things that would be nice, but not neccassary. Whatever you send i'll be thrilled i'm sure! Just some ideas... Deodarant (axe), chapstick (magic kind jake uses), Zebra F-301 BP pen refills (black), I dont know if my bag is still sittin around the house but my bag here is really dorky and breaking, if you cant find it please dont worry about buying one, it was just a thought. And then i dunno if they have these but like 2 pairs of the thermal garments would be awesome! For size im guessing large, 34-35 ish waist. But these are just ideas to help ya get started. Thanks!! Anziano Bosco is still doing great. My italian is really improving i love it. We are both really motivated to study the language everyday. He is studying english obviuosly. I have some sad news about the Carbone family... not reallly that sad but not terrific. Allexander is leaving for the military in northern switzerland this week. It is obligatory for all youth here to serve for 8 months... BOGUS!! So unfortunatly he will be out of our teaching area, but we are going to refer him to missinoaries up there. We are going to still keep in contact with him. I know he will be baptized some day. But these day now will be difficult for him. Maddelenna is really struggling with quitting smoking. She is also going to italy for 3 weeks, so her batpism date needs to be pushed back, but no worries. It is more important to be ready right? So we are still working with them and they are still awesome, we love them! To try and help them quit we decided that we would give something up, so i cant drink any more soda!! OH NO!! So it has been a challenge but Anziano Bosco is helping me :) . The good news is that we have a new power house investigator named Sergio. He is seriously a stud. He has some of his own problems as well but he is amazing. We taught the word of wisdom and half way through the lesson he says, you know what i will not drink tea or coffee any more!! I've had enough! That was a week ago and to this day he has been living the word of wisdom 100%. He is our superhero. He is 50 and from france. Speaks perfect italian and is very nice. We teach him 3 times a week. So that is the news for us here in lugano! I am so excited that Brandon is home! That is soooo nuts! Give him a big hug for me! He is a good kid. Oh and mom haha, im sorry that someone profaned on my wall. You have my permission to permanantly delete them forever!! :) Thanks for the happy birthday messages from facebook. Honestly i had a hard time remembering who those people were but im sure were great friends haha. So i better get going now.. i will try photos at the next library. I cant promise anything but i will try!! THanks so much family and have a wonderful Halloween!! Sono molto grato per voi e per tutte le cose che fate. Siete un esempio per me ogni giorno. Veramente, siete bravi!


Ciao!!

Anziano Massimo Perx!

No comments:

Post a Comment