Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Friday, November 27, 2009

Hellllo from Piacenzzzzzza [Letter written 7-22-09]

Ciao Tutti!!

This week has been very intense. Thanks for all the letters and pictures! I love them everyweek. it is so fun to open my email box to a bunch of emails i can't help but just not smile. Okay so first offff.... LUISA!!! Happy birthday! I hope my dear brother nate wowed you with something cool. If he didn't go out to town and buy something big haha. And your triathlon sounded aweomse. Wow i am very impressed you go girl! So this week in Piacenza has beeeeeen very hot! Oh my i am sweating like a pig. Get this.... i wake up shower, and by the time i'm brushing my teeth 10 minutes later i have a sweat stash haha. Gross huh?? So i heard Lugan is a bit less hot being up in the alps and all. Okay mom i love when you type up questions so here we go!

1) How is your new Italian companion? What is his story? How long has he been a member? What kind of family does he come from? Wherebouts in Italy is he from? Is he hard working and wonderful?

Okay i'm gonna split this up into abc's ok. So.... A.) My new companions name is Anziano Catalano. I picked him up on thursday and he's been here ever since. Things are going great here in piacenza with him. We haven't talked english since thursday so i've had a constant head ache for a week but i'm sure it will go away. They other night i was writing in my journal when i looked down and noticed that half way into it i had slipped into italian haha. So i guess something is startin to tick in my little ole brain of mine. B.) He is 24 and he is from Polermo Sicilia, i think sicily in english. He is very short haha and a bit filled out. He was a computer hacker before the mission crazy huh! C.) He has been a member his whole life. D.) He has one brother and two parents. All members seem pretty cool from the picture i saw. E.) Palermo the soccor ball of italy haha. F.) Haha if i had to use one word to descirbe my wonderful new companion it would be "unique" haha. He is just a interesting character. I don't know if it is the italian culture or just him. I think the best way to describe this would be with a story haha. So i spend like the whole last 4 hours of me and Anziano Ransom's time together cleaning!! I cleaned like crazy because i wanted my new comp to come home to a clean home. Anziano Catalano walks in and the first thing he says is Che Sciffo which meens how gross. He then unpacked his suitcase and pulled out a vacuum!!! A vacuum! This kid has been lugging around a vacuum with him his whole mission! Gotta be crazy. So i just sat around reading the book of mormon while he fumigated the house haha. But he's a good kid. He goes home in two transfers. But he's a funny kid. I'll survive a transfer i think. One thing that is amazingggg is always speaking italian. I am oh soooo grateful to be able to speak italian always. So i love him he's helping me out a lot.



2) When do you get to go to Switzerland to start filling out the paperwork? What a trip for you to be able to check it out before you pull up your routes and head out.

So i actually don't go to switzerland but i went on monday to the swiss consolate in downtown milano for my visa. It was way fun. They had pictures of switzerland and from what i can tell it looks beautiful

3) Are there misionaries in Swizterland now? What news do you hear from them as to the area, etc?

Yes there are two missionaries in Lugano. The zone leader told me the work is really good there and they have been really busy with teaching and baptisms and the AP told me that the branch is really solid there as well. So i'm very excited. Dad you were talking about being seperated from the rest of the mission its funny you say that because when President called me (hope i didnt already tell you this) he explained about how he only sent really obbedient missionaries there and how it is seperated from the rest of the mission and you have to be a very good example in the city, and how he had great confidence in me. Boy was i nervous when he told me that. It was kinda of a if you let me down i'll break your knee caps mafia style haha no just kidding but it was kinda overwhelming news haha. The whole visa application was in German i had to have the lady there translate for me haha. it was very embarrassing. And then you think that was enough wait till you see my visa picture haha. You'll love it. I used a photobooth thing and i sat down, and the picture was just of my chest because i'm too tall so in the midst of trying to get myself situated it took the picture haha. You'll like it.

3) How is Alice doing? Was her confirmation on Suinday wonderful?

Alice is doing great her confermation was awesome. The whole branch loves her and has just taken her into there arms.

4) His is Dodi coming along? Wouldn't it be so wonderful if you were able to get Dodi and his cousin to join the church before you leave?

So Koffi and Doddi are doing great. We've been getting them rides for church. We taught them tithing yesterday and they accepted. We re schedlued there baptismal date for august 22 the week before i leave. So we are really working with them to prepare. They said they have finally stopped drinking coffee so that is awesome. They are great i can't wait to see them get baptized.

Okay so that was it for the questions now lemme see if i missed anything. So it sounds like HP was fun. Thanks for the update it is always fun to hear a little piece of the world. Nate thanks for the photos my man... that jump was nutsssss. You couldn't of landed that haha. NON CI CREDO! by the way the video you tryed to send didn't work. Jake it looks like your loving the boatin life my friend. I saw those shades!! Are they oakleys! But they family looks awesome. dad it sounds like your very busy lately i'm sorry but i'm sure your tearin it up. Mom thanks for the pics of portsmouth. I really like the tug boat one. But anywho i can't really think of anything else. Oh yeah... PS.. if someone is awake could they send me a picture of LUGANO? I would love that. I'll be on for another 10 minutes! But i love you all thanks soooo much!!!

Vi Voglio Bene!

Ciaooo

Anziano perkes

No comments:

Post a Comment