Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Friday, November 27, 2009

Ciao Tutti Come State! [Letter written 8-19-09]

Okay just wanna start off with the same start that i always do but really, this week i loved all the letters. Sorry i say that everytime but it is true! Okay so this week was awesome. First off saturday was a holiday called Ferragosto. Which meens that the whole town of Piacenza flees to the nearest large body of water. Which meens that just the missinoaries and all the hobos are left in the city. Haha so saturday is the day missinoaries clean the house all day, wow how fun right. I wanted to go out and work but it is a pretty serious thing. Sister dunaway sent us a check list about as long as a marathon. We had to dust the cielings. Dust the cielings!! I have never heard of such a thing. Lucky for me i am tall so i got the job of dusting the ceilings. So for most the day we cleaned, then we got tired and snuck out to teach a lesson to someone under house arrest which meens he is home haha. But shhh don't tell anytone. We still got all the cleaning done so were fine. So that was an interesting day. But also this whole week it has been very dead. But the Lord is still finding a way for us to teach so it is awesome. i love Being a missinoary. No joke... its the best! Okay so the update on Koffi and Dodji, they are getting baptized this saturday!!!!!! Yeah they are amazing. They are soo excited it will be aweomse. So were way busy this week preparing for that. I am so happy for them. We found them like 3 months ago and they are now worthy to be baptized and start there new lives. I love those guys. They are so humble and have such a great faith. Okay so something way fun that we did! Last pday we went to a place called ROADHOUSE GRILL!!!!!!! Pretty much it is a american restaurant that got lost here in italy. So we went there and they had everything from the peanuts to the pepsi. Anz. Catalano loved it. I got a burger and it was soooo good. It was a bacon burger that tasted just like chilis. I loved it. It was a bit expensive but we were celebrating. Now i just have to eat crackers for 2 months. no just kidding, i am learning how to budget and doing much better on the money side of things. Okay so i have started thinking in italian which is reallllly weird. I could never imagine what that would be like.... but it is weird. I love it. I am so thankful for the gift of toungues haha because without i would be way worse haha. But it is awesome. I feel like i can comfortably talk with people for the first time it is the best. I am getting to know the members so much better. I love just talking with them. I made this friend that is like 89 in the ward. She is so sweet and about 4 feet tall so were best friends. So i have a fun surprise for you mom and dad! I sent a package last week!!!! WOooohooo yeah! So i just put one small thing in there. Hedwig my usb drive! But wait, it if full of 400 of the latest and greatest pics, and a movie!! Yeah thats right i made a movie. I decided that i needed to take a day in the life of a missinoary to the next level. So i made a film called, Un giorno della vita di un missionario! You'll love it it is about 20 minutes long, includes me shaving, some fun members and some investigators as well. I hope you like it! So i think i am becoming accident prone haha. I was walking on the sidewalk and wasnt paying attention and stepped in a pot hole thing and tripped and ended up falling into rosebushes haha. Full of thorns ouch!!! So i just finally picked the last thorn out of my hand last night. I was reminded of Brooke with the sea urchin attack. So i was laughing at myself all week. So next week i'll have to tell you what else i did haha. Okay so mom you asked if i was leaving in about 3 weeks. Nopeeeee... I'm leaving next Thursday!!! Crazy huh! Next week is transfers. So wednesday i'll pack and thursday early morning i'm out! I am veryyyy excited but also a bit sad. The zone leader told me that they are teaching tonsssss in lugano so i am very excited. So this last week will be crazy with packing, saying bye to people, and the baptism! So mom my address will change. If you could update my facebook saying to not send letters till i know the new address. That would be great thanks! Mom that is soooo exciting about the camerons!!! I am sooo happy for them. They will be amazing parents. Thanks so much for there email i will have to say hi to them today. Okay so i was very ecited to hear that jake your starting up the security company! Way to go idaho! So i was laughing hard about the competition! That is too clever. And i just wanted to say that spelling Perkes with an X was my idea!! Because that is my email is mb.perx. I don't think i thought of alert with it but i remember the x for sure. And i just want to say i was so honored that some sweet person thought of Max Security!! I love it! That is my vote 100%! Haha great name according to me. Dad it was fun to hear about your case. When you wrote no one messes with my hannafords i was laughing so hard. I think some of my slang is rubbing off on you haha. So lemme know how the competition goes. I love you all so much thanks for all the love prayers and support! I hope everyything is going wwell in america. But i gotta run now. I love you guys!

Vi Voglio bene!

Anziano Max Perx

No comments:

Post a Comment