Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Friday, November 27, 2009

Ciao ciao ciao [Letter written 7-8-09]

Buenos dios!

hello my great family thank you alll so much for the letters they were wonderful! I love all the photos that you sent! Keep them coming i love them. Okay so this last week was very awesome. Last pday after emailing we got the chance to go bowling! It was so fun. We were the only people there so we played a quick 2 games. It reminded me of the good ole sellin days of bowling. I totally beat Anziano Ransom too. They asked for our names and on the screen it said, Lorenzo and Peres haha. So i guess we failed the italian heritage test. They don't use K's here so perkes kinda gives me away every time haha. They are always like.. Anziano Perhezz? Okay so we had interviews this week and Nate and Luisa I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!!! Thank you guys so much your the best i loved it so much! The CD's were perfect!!! The candy was also much appreciated! You guys are too kind thank you so much. So the other day i found this little asian shop and they sell tammarin and passion fruit drinks! So naturally we tried them and there amazing. Anziano Ransom has also had passion fruit so we love getting them. Okay so funny story. We were eating at Alice's house and she cooked viel, and it was amazing. But i was like... i think this is baby cow. So i tried to ask her what kind of meet it was and i said, Che tipo di cane e questo? Which meens what type of DOG is this!! Meet is Carne and not cane. So she started laughing like crazy, she loves when i mess up like this she is very funny. So we all laughed about it over some lovely lunch. Ok so i have some rather dreadful news. I got Bocci'd!!! NOOOOO. That meens some old lady kissed my cheek. I told you before that i never wanted to get bocci'd haha. We just met her and she looked at me and was like... YOUR TALL, stood on her tip toes grabbed my hair and planted one right on me making me bend way over. She had my hair i couldn't excape! Haha it was rather funny, Anziano Ransom said i made quite the face. So we met a man last night name Hugo who works for the CIA. We thought he was crazy at first, but then he turned out to be a genius! He speaks 7 languages and was telling us all about the war and stuff, things you don't see on tv, and then at the end he was like... i probably told you guys too much haha. I asked him what he did for the CIA, and he was like... that is classified. I love when people say that! So cool! So mom i'm going into the CIA when i get home.. sorry! No just kidding. Dad your jury duty sounded so much fun. I love the story of your nun that was there. It reminded me of the movie runaway jury a bit. Is it like that or is that dramatized? I could just picture you sitting there taking down notes about all these crazy hicks, gangsters, and nuns. Ed and Beth sound amazing! What a family! YOu have to send a pic of there baptism to me! Josh i loved your geocache adventures haha your nerds.. .no i'm just kidding it actually sounds very fun. How cool is that, so many people do it. I could just picture matt and james yelling MUGGLES!! Haha what funny kids. Mom thanks so much for the pictures they were great. How fun 4th of july. Here in Piacenza, 4th of July is there biggest holiday. No connection to america at all but they pretty much turn the whole of down town into a giant market it was amazing. I tried taking pictures and it was really hard to capture the grandness of it. By the way mom the reason why my pictures are blurry i think is because i shrink them when i send them, or else it takes a bit longer. Therefore when you blow them up as a screen saver it makes them quite blurry. I'll send one full size, lemme know how it looks compared to the others. Mom thanks so much for brandons email! And yes tyler emailed me back!! he sounds like he is doing great! They have a baptism in 2 weeks. I'm going to email a quick email to brandon today. So Alice....drumroll....... is amazing. Sorry i think you guys already knew that. So she is getting baptized tonight at 8!! The interview went great and she is good to go! We were setting up the program with her and we usually try to have members do the baptism to create bonds, so were like... yeah who do you want to do the baptism, harold can, fratello Bissi, Presidente Maldarizzi, Lorenzo, and she just blurted out. PERKES! So i have the honor of baptizing her tonight! I am very excited, honored and nervous haha. It is in italian so i have to memorize it today. I'm afraid i'll be like... i baptize you for Alice, who is dead or something. I haven't seen a normal baptism for ever!! Haha so it will be awesome. She is very excited. Today is her birthday so were going to call her and sing to her, and then give her acake tonight. So i'll make sure to take lots of pics for you next week, and mom i'll hold my breath. Oh yeah mom, Katherine Alice's daughter is 1. Her husband left her when she became pregnant. Alice has had a very hard life, consisting of overcoming cancer, being hit by a car 5 months ago, brreaking her hip and ribs, and being a single mom. But she is the happiest person i've met truely an example for me. She is from Capo verde which is off the coast of Africa, but she speaks portoguese. Buck you should call her and be like... HI!!! In portoguese of course haha. So I have to hurry today because we have to go fill up the pool and set up chairs, (no font here in piacenza). Nate were using a rubber pool like the ones you used in Africa. But thank you all so much and i hope i didn't forget anything!!

Love ya!!

Anziano Perkes

No comments:

Post a Comment