Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Friday, November 27, 2009

One Word says it all: WOW!!! [Letter written 7-15-09]

Okay so this has been an amazing and crazyyyyy week.

So lets start off with the BAPTISM!! Wooo. So it was pretty much amazing and made my first 2 transfers and life. Alice got there and she was just beeeeeming! First off we did it in a little tub at a members house out in the country. So we sang a song, then we both hopped in the font. Water... no joke... was up to my knees! Haha i think i recieved some extra back strength for the baptism because i had to bend down far. So Alice the whole time just beeming i said, Maria Alice Monteiro Almeida, essendo stato incaricato da Gesu Cristo Io ti battezzo nel nome del Padre, e del Figlio, e dello Spirito Santo, Amen. It was awesome. So after we changed she bore her testimony aand boy was the spirit just drenching us. She is amazing. She talked about hor her life was in a despair, and then 2 angels knocked on her door and changed her life. She was crying the whole time it was really amazing. And also pretty much the whole branch was there at her baptism supporting and loving her. It also happened to be her birthday that day so we sang her happy birthday and ate cake after!! Okay i have to kinda skip along because i have a lot to reveal haha. So This last week was awesome. Anziano Ransom left last Monday. I'm very tired this week. Sending someone home is very draining haha, with packing cleaning, saying bye to 100's of people. So he left on monday and since then i have been in Reggio Emilia a neighboring area rolling the threesome here. So Tuesday night was transfer calls and i got a call, Anziano Perkes your new companion is Anziano Catalano! Yes you guessed it.... HE IS ITALIAN!!!! Yippeee hahahaha. So like a week ago i was praying to help me do SYL (speaking italian with comp) and the Lord is sending an Italian!! So pretty much bye bye english language...yessss. I am soooo excited he is from Sicily. I go to pick him up tomorrow! So another crazy story. Yesterday i got a call from President..... bum bum bum. He was like... Anziano perkes i have some news for you. Oh boy i totally freaked out haha. So it turns out this next transfer i am going to get transfered to Lugano!!!!!!!!!!!!! That probably means nothing but let me explain. Lugano is 100% switzerland. We have one city in our mission that is across the border and i guess most people speak italian still. It is way up in the alps of Switzerland!! I am sooooo stinkin excited. The reason why he is telling me is because i need to get a visa for there because its a different country and i'll need to be making some trips this next transfer to work on my papers. So wow that was some news huh?? I'm going to the alps in another country!! I have heard that is is just amazing there. I also know that i'll stay there for 4 transfers (6 months). So it is kind of strange knowing i'm getting transfered. It surprisignly has motivated me because i want to leave it all on the court here in Piacenza so i'm way stoked. So it was quite the week this week wow! Only problem is i can't tell anyone but you guys so i am nearly exploding with this giant secret haha. AGHHH LUGANO!! Haha okay i feel better now. You guys should look it up lemme know how it looks haha. So that in a nutshell was my week! Thanks all for the emails i loved them. The pictures of Ed and Beth i loved. They look amazing. How fun for our little ward. So BROOOOOKE!!! Your probably giving birth right now!! hOW IS is my cute little Claire! That is too fun. I'll be praying for you! Haha dad i'm sorry i couldn't come to Harry potter with you. You'll have to let me know how it was haha. Jake and Nate your sports club thing sounds amazing. That is too fun. Take a boat our for alright! Say hi to ya mutha for me ight? Buck and JAYZ!!!! Your having a boy!! Jack i like that name. I think Max might be a bit more manly but Jack is a close second haha! Dad it sounds like your case was way intense. Slap your boss from me okay haha he sounds like a bum. That is too fun you won you stud you! Oh yeah dad i actually don't have Anziano Ransom's phone or address haha.. oops. But i do have his email. Not with me but at home. I think it is curtisransom@gmail.com Don't qoute me on that one though. He should be home now, he's probably sleepin though. So it sounds like life is going great! Thanks for all the emails i loved them. Oh yeah i forgot! Today we went to a cheese factory!! It was soooo sweet. Saw the complete process of Parmegianno made. YUMMY! But anywho i should be going i have a long day today here in Reggio.

Love ya'll!!

Anziano Perkes

No comments:

Post a Comment