Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Friday, November 27, 2009

Laughing in the Library [Letter written 8-5-09]

Ciao Tutti!!

Hello everyone thanks so much for the emails i lovedddd them! So first off, Mom i got your package!!!! THank you sooo much i loved it. The drink mixes were perfect we love them! We have been making fresh lemonade pomegranitaid all week!! It is so nice to have something to drink besides water. Thank you!!! And the other thing i loved... the tape!!! There were many moments that i was just busting up laughing and smiling. I love it thank you so much. First off i learned that you went to mexico!! Gramma said that you went to mexico. I think she means Pheonix but boy was i surprised when she said, your mom is leaving to mexico. I thought oh no did she dodge the draft and now she's fleeing the country. No mom don't do it! The next very funny momnet was when James was saying hi. He talks about Jelly car and then he is like... okay i have to go .... i love you........ And then in the most innocent little voice.. What's his name?? And i hear someone in the backround.... maxxxx. Haha i think he was really into jelly car when you gave him the tape. I laughed a lot very cute. Then of course Emma disrupting pokemon was very funny. I loved when little Ben was talking and he says about 3 words and then i hear kate in the backround... tell him what you got for your birthday... and then ben says in his little voice... WHAT??.... tell him what you got..... WHAT???? I rememeber he used to say it just like that. So thanks for all the people who spoke in it which i think was everyone. Actually no sorry Josh i think your part got cut out of the movie. Maybe in the deleted scense you'll make it haha. I remember near the end everyone is like... okay i have to save room for josh so bye! And then i hear a cshhh... okay max this is mom sending the package love ya! But its alright Josh you'll make the next tape. So thank you mumsy it was avery special treat to get that i loved it. So this week was real great. We had Zone Conference which was real nice. It was a bit strange because i went up and talked to my next companion! I discreetly found out some info about Lugano. it is a branch there and they use buses. They have a baptism planned for about a month after i get there which will be great! Anziano Mckilson is from utah. He is a good ole farm boy. I think we'll get a long great. Anziano Catalano was his companion as well crazy huh!? So this was very good news. It sounds like he a good ole mormon boy that will work hard. I am very excited. Anziano is a good kid and i love him to death but sometimes he has the attitude of the Pirate in the first pirates of the carribean ( when there talking about the pirates code) when he says, They are more guidelines not rules. So that is frustrating sometimes but I love him he's a good kid. I'm just trying to be a good example for him hoping that he changes a bit. I heard a talk by someone that says the best way to help someone is to just be a loving example. So i decided against being like.... okay here is what you are doing wrong and just lead by example. So i hope it helps him. it is amazing having an italian companion though. I am learning about the culture... i am learning the language sooo fast now. I find myself thinking in italian it is very cool. Sometimes i'll speak english and accidentally throw in an italian word.

Okay so i told you that i bought 2 usb drives. And i did!! I named one the vault and on hedwig. I will use one to keep all my pics and one to send pics home. So Nate can you do me a favor and resend the pictures of the cabin, you and luisa jumping, the business cards too? I can't remember far back but if you can just look back in your email and forward them to me so that i can save them. Oh yeah if i can get the pic of josh jumping too... i love that one haha. Okay so Alice is still amazing. She bore her testimony on sunday and pretty much owned the pulpit it was awesoome. She was like... if any of you don't have time to read the book of mormon read it!! because it changed my life! It was amazing. Okay so i didn't tell you but my mtc comp anziano collins is in my district!!! He got transfered here no wayyyy right? So on monday we did exchanges and he came down to Piacenza to be with me. it was the most fun and best day ever! It is really great to see him. First off we were out working and it started hailing!!! We had no idea this was coming so we didnt have umbrellas or jackets or nothing. So it starts downpouring and hailing marbles (about the size of marbles i kid you not) i looked over at Anziano Collins and said.... is this gonna stop us?! And he grinned at me and said.. no way baby! So we continued stopping everyone we could. The hail got a bit bigger and really hurt when it hit our head so we put are hands over our heads and not my knuckles are a bit bloody haha. It was sooo awesome. We stopped everyone we could find. All of them thought we were crazy out of our mind but we didn't care it was awesome. Plus before this we had been sweating a lot so it felt good. We continued to work the streets in the hail and we got 4 peoples numbers!!! Which is just unheard of from what i have seen. We got two families and 2 africans. So we were very excited. We then retired back to the house after a long amazing, and slightly painful bloody day. but we were fine... mom just our knuckles are a bit bloody but by today there fine. DOn't call presidend pleaseeeeee. So we got home that night and made pudding american style!! As it was a our 6 months of being a missinoary mark!! No way huh... crazy. Usually missinoaries burn something like a tie, but we decided that was dumb and decided to burn birthday candles on top of our pudding. So we had a little party it was tons of fun. 1/4 the way done... how scary wow! I gotta pick up my pace time is ticking! So the next morning the scambi was over... awww we got on the train to go pick up our comps when this cool muslim guy sat next to us. Me and Anziano Collins made eye contact and just both grinned knowing exactly what we were about to do. We started up a converstaion with this man, and ended up teaching him a 45 minute lesson on the train and getting a return appointment for next week. He was sincerely enterested it was awesome. I was just amazed at this couple days. It was so nice to be with another younger missioanry that is not a burned out veteran. I've decided i want nothing but young companions from here out haha. So it was an amazing day. So this last week i ran out of money and spent 2.55 euro about 3, 4 bucks on food!! I bought pasta and milk for the whole week haha. So today i have money again and i'm very exccited to go shopping for food!! So how are my salesman doing?? The summer is almost over boys!! You gotta end it strong! I remember august being a veryyyy amazing month. The joy of being done for the summer just pounding down on you haha. Don't get trunky boys! Koffi and Doddi are doing great. They wore white shirts to church on sunday and my shirts fit them great haha. I was a bit nervous it wouldnt fit but they looked great. Mom can you get me mike camerons email address? I'd love to zip him a quick hello. Mom and Dad i loved your emails, i was laughing so hard. until a woman here in the library gave me a dirty look. How embarrassing! So the 300 people you sworn to secrecy better not spill the beens haha. The saga about the bats is very humourous. Dad i can jsut picture you standing on achair swinging your towel at these bats how funny! I liked you Harry Potter analagoy dad. I think i'm neville Longbottem haha. Mom you asked about the bikes. No we didn't ship them off. One was a members and the other we put in the storage shed. We got rid of them because Anziano Catalano doesnt like bikes. So my shoes are rapdily wearing out ikes! But it is alright.. It is a bit easier to stop people when i don't have a bowling ball on my head. And AC in the apartment... that is a negatouire. We use a fan and thats it. I know che skiffo right. I found out anziano mickelson has been about for about a year. He has been in lugano for 3 transfers and will finish there 1 with me. Then i will have a new comp for 3 tranfers. (1 transfer is 6 weeks). Wow i can't believe nate and mom your going to kick it with someone that knows usher!! Get is autograph for me haha. That will be amazing i'm sure. By the way Nate you little stinker... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! TANTI aguri a te, tanti aguri a te! Okeedokee i believe that is it for what i have to say. Thank you all so much for your love and support!! Miss ya!

Love ya!!

Anziano Max the preacher Perkes

PS.... can someone tell me Kate's email address. I just noticed i don't have it on this list. Thanks love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment