Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Friday, November 27, 2009

Helllllooooo from the mountains!! [Letter written 9-2-09]

Okay so lemme explain something real quick. So here the swiss switched the z and the y on the keyboard and it is taking me forever to try to perfect it. So if i mess up i am sorry but i think youll understand the same. It will actually make me sound swiss which would be cool. So anzwazs swityerland is sooooooo amaying. So seriouslz i want to move here sooo bad. It would be hard but we should build a cabin here it would be awesome. So transfers went good. The last night i ate dinner with the saquing family which was awesome!! I gave them my password for facebook so that they could add me as a friend to see my pictures. So if any of zou saw me cruisin facebook it wasnt me so dont get nervous or anzthing. That would be verz dumb and i wouldnt do that. Oh zeah so thez also called me and told me that right next to there friend request was Jake Perkes!! What Jake zou got a facebook... no way i dont believe you!! That is too cool. Haha so i thought instead of waiting 2 years to accept you id just give you my password so you can go on if you want. [password edited out] Yeah ps... dad please edit that out and dont publish it to the thousands of people online haha. Thanks! So Jake or anyone i guess if you wanna go on there go ahead. So i have to tell yall my first impression of lugano. So we are on the train just up in these green mountains superrrr beautiful. And then all of a sudden we come around the corner and there is a ginormous lake with a city dug into the mountain. It was the most beautful thing that i think i have ever seen. Truely incredible. So this city is surrounded by green mountains and a giant lake. It is awesome. For instance.... sitting here in the library i am looking out the window and i can see the lake. So pretty much from everywhere we can see the lake or the mountains. It is awesome. The city is wayyyy rich. I have seen the nicest cars of my life here in 4 days. Masarati, ferrari, porshe, lamborghini, bentley, aston martin. You name it and ive seen it. They are everywhere!!! So the city is way nice. It is just a step above the rest. Everything here is of the nicest quality, from the shopping, to the trash cans, to the bus sytem. Things are quite elegant here. So no im gonna answer moms questions because im running out of time. By the way we use 2 different libraries here to get the full time. An hour at each for our allowed 2 hours. So im done here in a bit and then off to the other one to send pics, write president and all that good stuff. So anyways here we go.



1) What is your shirt size? Ohh.... i honestly dont know very good. But if your thinking of sending white shirts honestly im fine with white shirts. I picked up a couple in piacenza. But i think it is 15 and a half neck and longest sleeve im not sure.
2) What is your tshiet size?
Tshirt size would be L
3) What is your pant size? Think 34 waist and longest they come
4) What is your shoe size? 11


1) How is your companion? He is a stud. His name is anz. mickelsen. He is from clearfield utah. Comes from a big family. Is the only one in his family to serve a mission which is amazing. So he is a stud i have a lot of respect for him. He has been out for about a year now and actually served with Anz catalano my last companion so we have had some fun conversations haha.
2) What do you think of Lugauna? Lugauna also known as lugano is amazzing i love it.
3) What is your apartment like?

The apartment is tinyyyyyyyy. It has a bedroom, where we sleep, study, dry laundry, and have the fridge. Then we have a kitchen the size of a large shirt, and a tiny bathroom. It is nice quality but just very small. But i like it. It is in great location. In fact it is way close to the lake. Yesterdaz we went running along the lake with the sun rising it was awesome. Very beautiful and tiring haha.
4) Are you on city transportation, or do you have a bike again??

Nope we use a very expensive city pass that lets us use all buses, gondolas, and local trains. Yes there are gondolas here haha. There awesome. The bus system is amazinggg.. Super nice nad clean.
5) Tell us all about the branch??

The branch is awesome. SO i loved piacenza a ton especially the branch, but there were not a lot of families in the branch. Here in lugano it is all families!!! It is awesome. Little kids running around. They have primary, seminary everything!! It is awesome. They are super nice. It is bigger as well about 60 members that come, so i need to get to know them all!! So oh yeah i have to learn the city in one transfer because anz. mickelsen is leaving next transfer. So i have to pay attention a lot this transfer haha.


KK mom i hope i did well haha. Thanks for the questions i love them it makes it very easy to respond. So we use franks here. They are huggggge. It is about the equivalent to the dollar more or less. It is very expensive up here though. Also they have root beer here!! And dr. pepper!!! So it is amazinggg. So this is a really touristy area so we meet americans on a daily basis. It is quite fun. Okay so mom you asked about my address here in switzerland. You can mail the package here. Im not sure what will happen. I have interviews on sept. 22 so if you mail it to the mission home i'll get it before my birthday. I think that would be better. Im not sure how the mail sytem is for packages here. I might get charged for customs and stuff. So if you need to you can send it here but mission home might be better. Its up to you. So my address is Anziano Perkes, Via Del Tiglio 13A 6900, Lugano (TI), Switzerland, Svizzera If you could update my facebook with that new address saying ill be here for 6 months that would be great. Letters come here just great. So that is about it. I want to take a picture of the lake and send it at the next library. I'm running out of time so i better wrap this up. Josh congrats on denver big guyyy!! That is wayyyy cool. I am very excited. You are tooo cool. You will have lots of fun. I'm sure Buck and JZ will miss you guys lots. Mom and Nate California sounded amazingggg. Thanks for the pictures i loved them!!! You guys must of had soo much fun. Nate you surfed huntington you lucky dawg!! Dad i'll keep you in my prayers my man. Sounds like the trail is going great. Keep it up slugger! So i'm glad you got hedwig. Everything worked all right? Mom if you could back it up and then send it back ill work on another delivery from hedwig my owl. Sorry i was a bit short. I love you guys so much. Thanks for all your love and support. Lugano is amazing i love it. I'll explain more next week.

Love ya!!

Anziano Perkes!

No comments:

Post a Comment