Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Friday, November 27, 2009

Hahah , , , hello family! [Letter written on 10-14-09]

Hahaha so this week was amazing and very fun to say the least. So first off mom and dad thank you so much for the 49 letters... no just kidding there werent that many but they was a lot haha. I loved them. So lets start with last wednesday. I was a little worried about you guys but at the same time i realized that your busy. So me and my companion were eating lunch with this old couple, she cooked some awesomeeee baked pasta it was great! When i saw the office calling... hmm thats strange, but not that strange, i ignored the call. Then 2 minutes later.... vibrations, to see the office calling again. Hmmm now this is starting to be strange. So after the appointement i called the office thinking.. oh no what did i do haha. When sister christensen answers... hello anziano perkes we recieved a call from your father about an hour ago... oh no something must really be wrong i thought, and he called to say that him and your mom love you and they forgot to email. She then went on for about a minute telling me how much you love me haha. So dont worry dad i wasnt mad at all, in fact i laughed about it for a good part of the day. The no no would be if you called the mission president, but the office sisters, there fine. Seriously they remind me of grandma. There very sweet. So that was pretty funny. So i sent my companion off, after packing and saying bye to members. To pick up my new companion, Anziano Bosco.... and the big news is.... drumroll..... he is a stud!!! I love this kid! Okay so it will be hard to describe him. I want to say he is kind of like mister been, but that sounds negative and i dont want it to be negative. Okay so he kind of looks like a mr. been and a eoen mcGregor mix. So he has the himor of mister been (not his weird strange humor but funny humor) and the studlyness of mcGregor. Seriously this kid is awesome, we laugh all day long.... literally we laugh so much. We get a long great. In fact i would say the best out of all my companions by far. We have the same amount of goofyness in each other. So we'll just like make eye contact in the bus and start laughing. Not only is this italian funny, but he is the most amazing teacher. We taught this lesson and he blew me a away. This kid knows how to teach. It is not just because it is his language, but he just knows how to teach. So all is good in the world of lugano. We are getting a long perfect, and not just that but the work is going great as well. We have been finding new people and inviting tons on the bus, in the park everywhere! And the last bonus of the day is he is a gooooood cook! We have been eating great here in lugano i love it. He has made this like cheesy pasta with sauce, it is the bomb. So anyways i am running out of time here so i gotta rap this up haha. So yesterday i got to return to Piacenza to do fingerprints for my documents!! So we slept over in italy yesterday morning and we had a blast. Anziano Motley (big black brother from mtc) is serving there so we had a blast together. I also got to see the saquing family (awesome new convert family) and they fed us dinner which was awesome. So Carbone family is doing great. They have met there first trial in this blessed process of conversion. The word of wisdom. I never told you before but both of them smoke like someone from NH (alot! Haha shout out to Jake and the NH smokers voice. COUGHHH* ). So we taught them this lesson and they are both working on quitting smoking. They are smoking less but it is very hard. So we are going to come up with a program to help them quit. Any advice from x-missionaries that had investigators quit smoking? I would love some thanks! Okay mom and dad thanks so much for the birthday money, we'll have to go get some pizza or something. It will be awesome thanks so much! Yeah you guys called the american school Tasis right? Haha that is funny, a kid in the ward goes to that school he is aweseome. Mom thanks for the jello facts haha i loved them. I loved the pictures of mt. washington... how amazing is that! I loved the story of the italians haha... and yes dad all italians are loud and very animated with there speech, hands and everything getted involved in the language. MOm your already putting together the christmas package wow your on the ball haha. Quite honestly i had no idea christmas was coming up haha. Umm im not sure about requests... ill think about it this week and let you know ok? Well my wonderful family my time is running out. But i hope you all have a marvelous week!!!!

Vi Volgio Bene!

Anziano Perkes

No comments:

Post a Comment