Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

TODAYYYYYYYYYY!!! [Sent from MTC -- April 21, 2009]

So i'm sorry that i didn't get to email yesterday. They were being stupid, because today is officialy our departure day, so we had to wake up extra early and come down here to shoot off a quick email. Hello everyone!!!! Today i am flying out to Italy!!!!! Thank you all so much for your Dear Elder!!!! I got 9 letters on monday breaking all district records! I even got a little plaque, no i'm just kidding just on my teeth that is. So this past week was way intense! Guess of all people who spoke to us on Tuesday!?!?! ELDER HOLLAND!!! It was so amazing, he always gets so fired up when he speaks to the mtc. The spirit was so stong. There seriosuly could not have been any better way to get sent off to the mission field than by hearing from Elder Holland. He just talked about how he loved the mission so much and not to let one hour go by, one minute, one second be wasted because you will forever regret it. I took like 6 pages of notes it was so cool. I don't have then with me now though they are packed away sorry! So yesterday our teacher brought in all his mission pictures as kind of a farewell culture day. Italy is sooooo beautiful! I knew it was but i just thought you know like the top 4 cities, venice, bergamo, milan, and Genova were the only beautiful ones and the rest were kinda normal. Every city he was in was sooooo coool. There is something unique about every town/city in Italy, whether it be a special look or holiday or food. For example in the city Parma is where parmesian comes from and you have the best cheese there or in Genova they have the best fricatcha bread. I got your phone cards with all the numbers thank you sooo much. I might call mom and dad in provo and then the rest in germany. I'm not sure i'll have a ton of time in provo but i know i can at least call ya'll. I'll try to squeeze in as much in provo because it will be better time for ya'll. So i sent home my memory card yesterday! Please read Mormon 9: 31 (or maybe 33) before looking at my pics haha. No i'm just kidding from all my pictures you'll think i don't study, but i thought it would be boring if i just took pics of me memorizing vocab, reading all day, or in class. I sent a mini explanation paper for the pics that have people in them. If you zoom in i'm sure you can see their name tags to see who it is. Just keep your eyes out for Anziani, Motley and Casuto. There my boys that kepy me sain during these past 9 weeks. Without them i quite possibly could have gone bonkers haha no just kidding. So i really don't have that much to say, as I will be talking to you today!!! So I love you all and hope to get to hear you today!

Vi Voglio Bene!

Anziano Perkes

No comments:

Post a Comment