Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

HELLLOOOO [Sent from MTC -- March 17, 2009]

Heloooooo LA LA LA

In case you were wondering i was qouting a seinfield episode. Sorry today is st. patricks day so the zone has been a in goof mood today haha. Well first off if someone could forward this to the fam i still haven't set time to make a group. My 30 minutes flies by!!! So first off this week was wayyy nuts. So today i've been in the MTC for a month!!!!! Crazy huh?? I can't believe it! It feels like i've been here for 6.....months. No i'm just kidding. It really does feel like i got here last week. Time is very weird here in the mtc. I think i might be going a bit crazy, luckily there is no side effects... AGHHHH.... sorry haha. So the zone is doing grrreat. Not that i've done anything at all there just a great bunch of kids. We had the fun oppurtunity to welcome a new district of 4 elders and 2 sisters on wednesday. It was fun because me and Anziano Collings got to welcome them into the mtc, and give them a tour and kind of take them under our wing for the first day. They are all way sweet. There all going to Catana which is the foot of Italy so not in our mission. Most people in our zone as of now are going to Milan which is fun. Probably 5/8 (Yes that exact) of us our going to Milano. So the reason this week was crazy is because were learning Italian! Crazy huh?? No i'm just kidding. Yesterday our teacher told us that for now on we would never speak english in class (which is most of our day). We read from Predicare il mio vangelo (PMG) and Il Libro Di Mormon. And Harry Potter e la stona di sorcerer. No i'm just kidding about HP but i wish! That would be way cool. So not only do we have to talk italian but we have to teach in it!! Me and my companion Anziano Collins decided that the best and fastest way to learn italian was to throw ourselves under the italian bus. So we have what's called prgressing invesetigaters which meens that we'll teach them like 1-2 times per week. So here's our schedule... were teaching 4 times in italian! per week. This week we only teach twice but next week it's 4 for then on. we are teaching Daniele (which is Fratello Clarck, my teacher, pretending to be one of his real investigaters that he had) and then were teaching in the TRC which i've told you about, and then we signed up for this extra service thing where we will be teaching Sister Bradsall twice a week. So it is going to be nuts. We saw a lot of the older people leaving, and not really knowing italian at all and then we saw the anziani that really emerged themselves in the language and could speak it much better. So were planning to take the higher road we'll see how it goes haha. If you don't hear from me next week it is probably because i am dead haha. So I'll let you know... or i guess i wouldn't. So the Referall center has yet to dissapoint me. I talked to this old man the other day and he called just to get a free finding faith in Christ dvd, so normally were just like, okay here's your dvd, your going to love it bla bla bla. But i really wanted to actually talk to this guy. So i started just talking to him and ended up bearing my testimoney, and i commited him to pray about the dvd to know if it was true and if he should contact our missionairies. He said that he would pray about it. He then asked me how to pray. So i taught him how to pray, and then he was like, will you pray for me right now? So we said a prayer on the phone and it was way cool. I want to call him back sometime this week or the next. So sorry if my spelling is not as great, because this italian stuff is really throwing a curve ball at my spelling. So this sunday i get the amazing oppurtunity to take part in the Draper temple dedication. They are sealing off the gym and broadcasting it to all of us in there. We all had to get interviewd and stuff it was awesome. So we all bought white hankerchiefs this week. Were all way excited. This sundaay, i will have less than a month left in the mtc scary!! So i'll let you know how that goes. Dad i got your 2nd letter and of course loved it! It is so fun to read them thinking of you back when you had hair, and wore goofy clothes, oh wait you still do... no i'm just kidding. Being here in the mtc i've come to love and appreciate your jean jacket just so you know. Serious it's hot! I'm sorry mom, it's mildy spicy! (just so you know that's the first time i've said the "h" word since i've been here.) So we just barely finished the ginormous browny platter ya'll sent. They wer so good thank you so much. About the cookies for the zone... please o please don't go to the trouble. You guys are too nice. Your setting the bar too high haha. now if i don't get a package every week in italy i'll go into withdrawel haha, no just kidding. Oh back to your letter Dad i loved the story about you being called bishop. What a cool story. So that's crazy about Simon what a stinker. I'm sure he'll get a grand welcoming somewhere after he dies. No just kidding. I hadn't really thought about simon when you first mentioned it i was like.. who? haha. So that picture the cafeteria guy sent you wasn't my companion haha. TYhat's Anziano Turner he's in the district. He's a stud. That guy was just randomly sending pictures out so i was like.. hey get me! So i've seen Jess Lufkin like 12 times here. He leaves in a couple weeks for north Korea. But anyways my family I'm running out of time and things to say i'm sorry! I realize that i don't really ask you any questions i just talk about me me me. So please continue to update me on life, i do care! Well my wonderful family. Life is great. The mtc is amazing. The church is true! I love you all!!!!!!!!!!

Ci Vediamo!

Love ya

Anziano Perkes

No comments:

Post a Comment