Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Family!!!!! [Sent from MTC -- April 7, 2009]

La Mia Bella Famiglia!!

Thank you all for your letters this week i loved them! How is everyone doing?!?! This week has flown by again haha. Want to hear something crazy!!! So 2 weeks from today i will be on a airplane to italy!!!!! That seriously blows my mind! These next two weeks are going to flyyyyy by! So this email might be a bit shorter because i'm already a bit short on time. I keep zoning out haha. So i will only go to the temple one more time after today, and only teach in the TRC one more time! Time is already flying by i'm getting nervous that the field is going to go by in a blink. So i had a couple of funny experiences this week in teaching lessons. Actually they are probably very bad but i'm just glad i did them here and not in italy. So i was trying to say Jesus Christ suffered for our sins, so i said Gesu Crist Soffrito (past tense of soffrire (to suffer)) per i nostri peccati. Well it turns out soffrire is an irregular very and the past tense is supposed to be sofferto. So what i actually said is, Jesus deep fat fried for our sins. Which is sooooo bad right!! My teacher was laughing so hard but i guess a lot of people make that mistake. Another time i was trying to talk about sacrament bread and the word for bread is pane but in my nervousness i accidently said pene which is body part only males have. This one was sooo embarrassing. The investigator started cracking up and i was like... hey why are you laughing at me and he was like PANE Anziano!!! while laughing. So those were the only two language mess ups i had this week which i was grateful for. So i am famous for mixing different odd drinks in the cafeteria. After eating like 100 meals here you gotta mix it up right!? So i made up this drink called the hulk drink, which is white on the bottem and then it turns into this like battery acid green so we call it the hulk drink. It is coke, powerade, and sprite. I got everyone hooked on it haha. There is this one sister that always comments on how much energy i have when others are like dead tired, and she was like, Anziano Perkes i'm gonna have to start drinking that hulk drink to have as much energy as you. Haha so i'm trying to come up a with a new recipe for the spider man drink we'll see how it goes. Oh yeah mom and dad, bishop wrote me and said i forgot to give him my scripture plack scripture. I don't really have any time to write him so if you could just choose a scripture that would be awesome. Anyone works there all good. So i loved conference! iT WAS way cool to be able to watch it as a missionairy. We all watched it together in the gym so it got a little crowded and hot but it was still stellar. I left my page of notes at the dorm so i can't really remember which ones were my favorite. I know i loved Elder Eyring's talk about no soldier left behind, and also elder uchdorf's talk about the blinking light was way cool. A lot of the talks were so applicable to missionary work is was awesome. It seemed like almost every talk had something about the economy involved in it. Is it really stinking up outside this bubble i live in? So i saw Mark Stevens i believe in the choir which was way awesome. What a stud. I'm starting this new journal with this smaller journal which is called my book of memories. I have so many things in my life that i know i'll forget if i don't write them down, so every couple of days i'll write a page long memory down there. So far i've written about me and nate climbing the banana trees in st. thomas., building the igglo as kids, trailing james with nate in denver haha that was so funny, and skiing at grand targhee. I was thinking a lot about that day, man was that fun. When i get home we have to all go hit up targhee!! So i got both your packages this last week thank you soooo much! I got the conference candies and also the box of easter candy. I love the food but i just want to tell you, i have a whole drawer just full of food, chips, candies and everything that i'll never be able to eat in the next two weeks! Seriously i eat as much as a can each night an i haven't even dented my supply of food, so please no more haha. I loved the little easter bunny bubbles you sent me and the boys had a lot of fun with them haha i'm just kidding. I was blowing bubbles in my room and Anziano Motley the big ole black kid walked by and was like.... yo Anziano Perkes what the crapppp are you doing?! I think his respect for me as a person might of dropped a couple of points haha. How are all the kiddies doin? I miss them a lot. So usually i bring in all of your letters so i can answer questions and such but i forgot to today so i might miss some of your questions i'm sorry! I heard about the earthquake in italy. That is very sad. So i had this crazy dreem the other night that i actually didn't remember until the next day. You know how sometimes you'll just be like wo!!! I remember my dream! SO i was sitting in class and then i was like bam i remember! So i had a dreem i was meeting with President Dunaway and he was like, Anziano Perkes, you are going to serve in Bergamo. And when i remembered it i just felt so happy. So i'm not sure if i actually will serve in Bergamo or if it was just a dream so we'll have to see. I've come to realize that anywhere you serve in italy, is amazing! I remember my first day i asked my teacher what his favorite area was and he responded with Italy. So after seeing pictures of all these cities there is not a non gorgeuous city in the milan mission. So wherever i go i'll be so excited!!!!!!!!!! But hey family i got only 2 minutes left so i'll see you in 2 years!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!

Anziano Perkes!

No comments:

Post a Comment