Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hello Wonderful Family!!! [Sent from MTC -- March 3, 2009]

Salve wonderrrful family!

So first off i'm sending a letter today with like 4 pictures of some of the ones i've taken. So hopefully you'll get them soon. I have yet to get a picture of my whole district so i'll see what i can do. Okay so i made an outline of what i have to say in this letter because i have a lot of questions from all of you to answer so this might be a bit scrambled but hopefully i get it all covered. First off Dad i loved your letter to your parents. I was amazed at how much it sounded like you but at the same time sounded like this younger version of you. I liked how you described flying and how it was so amazing. Boy have times changed huh? haha but keep sending them i love them. Josh and Brooke!! Congrats on a baby girl. I love the name Claire Brooke Perkes. It's a close second to Maxine, but i still love it. That's so excited and Disney World that is awesome you guys will have so much fun! Little Matt already playing basketball?? What a champ he is. One day he'll be as good as me haha just kidding, i play ball everyday here it is so much fun. Yesterday i actually dunked it in a game but then i got yelled at because i was hanging on the rim haha. Mom your trip sounds way excited! I'm jealous that you get to go see all the family! You should come to the mtc and let me teach you the plan of salvation in the TRC. That would be crazy! I think i said this last time but Dear Elder works great. I get them the day of or soon after. And i think i said this last time too haha time in the mtc is crazy. I can't remember anything i've said in my letters, but my address is 167. It caused quite a stir at the mtc mail room haha. My first letters went to some random sister that was going to like guatemala or something. And i just happened to bump into her and she was like Anziano Perkes i have your letters! So i finally have all your letters hence me having to answer lots of questions. I loved all the letters they were grreat! Okay dad you had 10 questions in one of your letters so here we go. My companion is Anziano Collins and he is from St. George utah. He is a big ole football player and is pretty funny. My district is way sweet. We have a little bit of drama between some people but mostly it is way sweet. Nothing big just people's personalities clashing. It's all good though. I love them all they are all studs. The study here is INTENSE!!! For instance last night, from 5:15 to 9 was one class. Usually in a day we'll have about 8-9 of class where we have a teacher teaching us. And on top of that we usually have about 2-3 of personal, companion, and personal language study. So it is way intense but so sweet. Last night we learned how to do past tense when using past participles. I don't even know what that meens in english but i do in italian! Learning italian has made me realize i don't know english at all! Haha they keep talking about like transitory verbs and i'm like... Che Cosa!?! Which meens.... WHAT?!? Right now i know how to pray, bear my testimony, and make small talk. Ask about peoples families and hobbies and such. It is way cool. I've had the usualy 9,345 people ask me how tall i am everyday haha it's pretty funny. I asked a guy yesterday if he played mini golf and he didn't think that was very funny. He was like... do you play basketball?? So i asked him if he played minigolf. Changing my sleep pattern is still hittin me. I can never fall asleep at night but then in the morning i'm like dead exhausted! Things to send me.... would be nothing haha. Really please don't send me food. I eat so much at the cafeteria. If you want to send something i'd love to have an Italian flag! I did get your cookies and cinnamon rolls they were delicious!!! I shared them with the district they loved them! I haven't seen any General Authorities yet but we have a devotional tonight and we'll just see. They don't tell us till we get there. I get to go to the temple today which is way sweet. The provo temple is huggggge. We went to the Referral Center and did inbound calls which meens someone calls in to get a b.o.m. or something. I had someone ask me if i was a james Bond agent when i said, "hello this is maxfield how can i help you?" And then i had someone call and scream, "JEWISH PIGS" and hang up. I laughed so hard. I was like... if your gonna critisize get your facts straight haha. We have so much fun as a district. Time flies! I can't beleive i've been here 2 weeks! Seriously time is messed up in the mtc. By night time i'm like... what did i do this morning??? haha it is way weird. Me and my buddy Anziano Milar were doing chats with this one guy from scotland and at first he was hard core athiest to us. Then after an hour and 15 minutes, he finally said, Where's the closest church to this address? We were like sweeeeeet! And then he was like, until i talked to you guys i didn't believe in God. So were praying for him. His name is Bryan and he's from scotland. He didn't have the chance to go to church on sunday but he called the Bishop and asked some questions. The mtc food is amazing! I've already gained like 5 pounds it's intense! I got to teach Annie Jack in the TRC it was way fun. I taught her the lesson about the restoration. It was kinda weird to see an outside person but it was funny. Jake and Nate!! I hope sales are going well my mighty brothers! Tear up Boise for me ight?? Mom and Dad i don't have time to look on the blog sorry :( I don't even think i can though but once we get to the field we'll see how it goes. Mom you can either type or handwrite your letters either one is wonderful. Use whatever is easier. But anyway family my little red light is blinking so i better get off and go get my laundry. But i love you all so much and thanks a billion for the letters i love them! LOVE YA!!

Anziano Perkes

No comments:

Post a Comment