Welcome dear family and friends!

This is our way of sharing Max's mission.  We will post his letters and some of the photos, he sends home to us.  We hope you enjoy witnessing the blessings that come to him during these wonderful two years!

--Ken and Jen Perkes [Max's parents]

Max was asked to chose a scripture for the plaque that hangs in our church during his full time service.  This is the scripture he chose:

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-14

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;

And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine own indignation will I preserve them."

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1 WEEEEEK! [Sent from MTC -- April 14, 2009]

Wow oh wow!

1 Week from today i will be on an airplaine to ITALY!!!!!!!!! Hello wonderful family how is everyone doing?? Thank you all for the letters this week i loved them all as always. Mom listening to Kanye West?!? I'm impressed this is a whole new step for you. Mom and Dad your new raw diet sounds very.... intersting. I'll have to try it sometime, maybe when i'm like stranded on an island where there are only apples and pine apple juice... haha. No it sounds like it is working great. Okay so i made a list of things to write about to try and get in the most out of these letters! So first off i have about 500 pictures on my camera and i think i am going to send home the memory card now rather than get to italy put some more on and send it home. So if you guys could copy the pictures somewhere and then wait till i'm in italy to send it back that would be fantastic. Let me know what you think. If you want me to wait to fill it up in Italy let me know. I won't send it till next monday so you can tell me. I was very sad to hear about the earthquake in italy that is very sad. Something very interesting thouhg, i was talking to my teacher about it and he said that there has not been a baptism in that little city for 8 years. So mayvbe the Lord is just preparing these people to be humble. BUt regardless it is still sad. So we do this funny thing when we call (pretend) our teachers to set up an appointment with them, they will go out the door and then i'll make a ring sound for them and then 2 missionairies and the teacher will talk on the pghone. So my previous ringtone i used had been the stereotypical one that is like, beedo bee do beeedo beee do diiii. Its the one in the coke commercial where he answers the coke and says, its for you. SO i got a bit bored of going original so i decided to mix it up a bit. So i started singing, buffalo soldier in a ringtoness voice. And Fratello Clarke, (the teacher that is the horse) starts laughing and goes, Anziano Perkes what is that for? So i was like you got a custom ringtone last night, don't worry about it. And he was like, that is not my ringtone silly, so i was like... allright what is his ringtone hmmm. So about 2 seconds after i was like, As sisters in zion we all work together....." And he started laughing so hard that he had to close the door and re compose himself. It was quite funny. So in 30 minutes i have to go get a departure haricut!!!! Crazy huh!?!? Hey mom if you could send me everyones number, and let everyone know that i'll be calling. Thank you so much!! So here's the schedule. We fly out of provo on the 21st at 11:07, get to chicago at 3 and depart at 3:45, get to Frankfurt, Germany at 6:55 AM and then depart there at 8:45 AM. We then get into Milan at 9:55 AM on 22nd of April. So i won't have any time at chicago, but i have 2 hours in germany. I don't know what the time difference is but if you could check and let me know if that is not a good time to call. I was planning on calling then so lemme know. I might be able to make a quick call in Provo but i'm not sure i'll let you know. Just make sure people answer there phones because i won't have a ton of time to re call back. So we have this funny elder named Anziano Barthell that i told you about the one that is kinda like steve but very amusing. He's from Minnesota so has a crazy accent. He of all people got chosen to be our travel guide during our flight which isn't that big of a deal, but he is taking it ever so seriusoly. So he called a zone meeting yesterday to have a mission debriefing sort of haha. So he called us in and started talking about not watching movies on the planes and so forth. And then with his famous voice he was like, "NOw remember Anziani, once we leave provo we will be a bunch of weird men in suits." You have to see this kid say this to appreciate how funny it was. so i pulled out my camera to grab a picture of him and he was like, "Please Anziano Perkes, no flash photography at this meeting!" He was being dead serious too, we all busted up laughing. We all love him so much. So quick story i was reading in Ether. I'm going to finish the BOM today in the temple which is going to be amazing. My last temple day for 2 years!!! How sad, i've come to really love the temple. So i read about the Brother of Jared and i always just thought it was a sotry about a bunch of barges, nothing to special you know. And then i read in chapter 6, verse 2 and 3, and realized taht the two stones of lights in the boats of darkness could be missionaries!!! And that they light the people as they travel across the dark and scary ocean which could represent our lives here on Earth. I was very sad to hear of Daniele Hales getting married, no i'm just kidding, thats cool. So she didn't wait for the high voice kid then haha. Or maybe that is him woops haha. KK for my scripture plaque if you could put D&C 35:13-14 on there. Lemme know what you think. If that's not a good one lemme know. I just thought it was cool. Because without God I am nothing. So my family i must depart for my departure haricut. I might be checking this a bit later but we'll see. Dear Elders will work for this week but after this please email everything to this email. It will be lovey thank you all!!!!

Love ya'll tons!!!

Love Anziano Perkes!

No comments:

Post a Comment